These granola bites may be one of my best homemade snacks! My husband loved them and since we are getting ready to travel these homemade granola bites are perfect for our upcoming trip. I love to find ways to make bars like this at home so I can control the ingredients. Most of what you find in the store has artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners. So rather that spend hours analyzing nutrition labels, I’ve come to find that making snacks like this at home is really fairly simple. While I will not claim these are “light”, they are a pretty wholesome snack with naturally occurring sugars rather than added sugar.
To start, preheat oven to 350 F and have a 9×9 baking dish handy – any size will do really but this allows you to cut them into nice squares when you’re done.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I prefer Shakeology because it is all natural)
- 1/2 cup unsalted pecans, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Transfer ingredients to your baking dish.
- Press into pan so that the top is flat and ingredients are spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Cut into 16 squares and ENJOY!